Friday, March 6, 2009

Rachel Ray Not Ashamed of FHM Magazine Photos

Talk and Food Network Show Host Rachel Ray Not Ashamed of FHM Magazine Photos

Written by: Karen Benardello


Food Network personality and talk show host Rachael Ray told ABC’s Nightline during an interview that despite receiving negative feedback from fans and even her own mother for posing in next to nothing for the magazine FHM, she’d do it again if given another opportunity.

This insistence, however, comes amidst an admission that since she was at the ripe-old age of 35 when she was asked to pose for the magazine, she had second thoughts in the moment. “…I thought about it for a while, and I said, ‘You know what? This magazine has as young as 17-, 18-year-olds in hottie bikinis, and these are all actresses, models, pin-up girls. I don’t belong to any even remote club of theirs.’”

But the Oprah protégé decided to take the plunge anyway. She said she also thought: ‘“If I’m gutsy enough to do this, this is a good thing for everybody. This is the everywoman, here she is.’” “And I did it, and it was the most scared I've ever been, and I wouldn't change a thing. I'd do it again tomorrow."

While Ray stands behind her FHM decision, she did admit that becoming a Dunkin’ Donuts spokeswoman, for which she has received recent public scrutiny from fans, critics and fellow TV chefs alike, wasn’t the greatest thing for her PR. But she thought it was a good idea at the time when she accepted though, because the doughnut shop said it wanted to make healthier food and would give its support and money to her children’s charity Yum-o.

Ray further went on to say that she does enjoy an occasional doughnut, which she doesn’t find anything wrong with, but fellow Travel Channel host Anthony Bourdain called Ray’s Dunkin’ Donuts commercials are not only “evil,” but are also “like peddling crack to kids.” Notoriously famous harsh TV chef Gordon Ramsay even insulted Ray last October during an interview with the New York Times. When he was asked why he became a celebrity chef, he replied “It’s not greed or TV or stick your ass to the window to endorse Dunkin’ Donuts.”

But Ray denies being a celebrity chef, or a chef in general, saying “I haven’t created any new technique in the kitchen…I think I’m good at writing accessible, fun, and affordable meals for the average American family. That’s what I think I’m good at.”

No comments:

Post a Comment