Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Interview: Paul Fisher Talks Remodeled | Shockya.com

Read Shockya.com's exclusive interview with Paul Fisher, who can currently be seen hosting the CW series ‘Remodeled,’ which airs on Wednesday nights at 9/8pm C. The show gives Fisher the leverage to change the industry from the inside out. He brings together hundreds of small agencies around the world in a new venture called The Network, which has two missions: to make sure agents in small towns aren’t taken advantage of, and to empower models to take control of their careers and lead healthier lives. ‘Remodeled’ follows Fisher as he visits struggling Network companies across America to fix them and create the largest agency in the world. Fisher discuses with us, among other things, why he decided to film ‘Remodeled,’ and why The Network feels its important to move away from the idea that smaller models are better.

Written by: Karen Benardello


ShockYa (SY): You’re currently hosting ‘Remodeled’ on The CW. What was your motivation in starting The Network, and chronicling it on the show?

Paul Fisher (PF): Many people ask me what my reality show’s about, and I always say to them, it’s not really a reality show. It’s really a docu-series. What The CW’s doing is documenting what we do in our normal business. That’s the one rule that we had with The CW, don’t tell us what to say, don’t try to suggest to us what to do. You’re allowed to document us in our everyday business.

I decided to open up The Network about two-and-a-half years ago for a couple different reasons. I found my faith about nine years ago, and in my faith, I had to go back in this very dark industry and beg, beg, beg for forgiveness. When I was “famous modeling agent Paul Fisher,” representing Naomi Campbell, Stephanie Seymour, Kimora Lee Simmons, Brooke Burke, and I can go on and on, I was a jerk. I had a big, huge ego. I did drugs, and I wasn’t a nice man.

I decided to go back into this industry, on the one hand repent, and to beg for forgiveness for the man that I used to be. On the other hand, I wanted to teach young girls around the world that if they don’t treat their physical features as a blessing from God, it will be the one thing that haunts them for the rest of their lives. If they don’t take some of the money that they’re earning, and give it back to the world, and become role models, then the universe will take their career as fast away from them as it was given to them.

I’m really trying to give a safe environment to young women. I’m trying to convince young women around the world about how to give back and share with the world, how to take their physical features as a very serious responsibility.

Then I’m trying to empower small agencies in small markets to fully live out their dreams. Then they can actually feel and taste what it actually feels like to make somebody famous, and be part of the star-making process.

SY: Like you said, The Network has two missions-to make sure agents in small towns no longer get taken advantage of, and to empower models to take control of their careers and lead healthier lives. Why are these missions important in the modeling world, and has The Network brought a change in the way agents and models have been taking control of their careers?

PF: I believe that when parents are taking a young, 15-, 16-, 17-, 18-year-old person, and saying here’s my daughter or son, take care of their careers, take care of their youth, I take that as a very serious responsibility. I know that I’m not curing cancer, but I do think that when you’re dealing with impressionable young people, you can put drugs in front of them, and these kids will do the drugs.

Or you can put in front of them, foundations, charities, feed the homeless, give back to the world, and they may just do those types of things. Those types of things might just resonate with them.


To continue reading this interview, please visit: Interview: Paul Fisher Talks Remodeled | Shockya.com

No comments:

Post a Comment