Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Interview: Pollyanna McIntosh Talks About Her Role in The Woman | Shockya.com

Read Shockya.com's exclusive interview with actress Pollyanna McIntosh, who’s next set to appear as the title character in the horror crime drama ‘The Woman.’ The controversial film, which was directed and co-written by Lucky McKee, is set to be released on Blu-ray, DVD, On Demand and Digital Downlad on January 24, 2012 by Bloody Disgusting Selects. It follows a domineering, upper-middle class father, Chris Cleek, played by Sean Bridgers, who abducts the woman while on a hunting trip. He decides to civilize the woman, a decision he and his family soon regret. McIntosh discusses with us, among other things, what her working relationships with McKee and the rest of the cast were like, and how she’s been responding to the controversy.

Written by: Karen Benardello


ShockYa (SY): In ‘The Woman,’ you play the unnamed title character. What was it about The Woman that attracted you to the role?

Pollyanna McIntosh (PM): Well, the first time I played The Woman was in 2009, in a movie called ‘Offspring,’ before we did ‘The Woman.’ ‘The Woman’ was written for me, so obviously that was enough reason to do that one, having played her before.

For ‘Offspring,’ I read the book by Jack Ketchum, and his insight into the character and the detail about her thought process, and her doctrine for living, was really appealing. I just couldn’t put the book down and I was very excited for an opportunity to take on the character.

SY: How did you prepare for your role-did you do any kind of research?

PM: Yeah, I kind of ran around like an animal for a long time, and lived in the woods a bit. (laughs) I got into researching into big cats and apes and wolves and watched documentary footage of both animals and feral children and went to the zoo. Just really getting to feel my body for what it would be if I didn’t live in this modern society.

SY: Did you have any rehearsal time with the rest of the cast before you began shooting?

PM: We didn’t, and I think that’s quite appropriate for a role like this. Lucky and I did talk and prepare about our feelings for things for about four months beforehand. He really let me role with the character. We talked about the writing and how it was going to be shot, and all that fun stuff.

I don’t think rehearsal was necessary, considering that my character didn’t have relationships with the people that she was going to be meeting in the story. So I thought it was really appropriate that we didn’t run things beforehand.

I don’t think Lucky works with a lot of rehearsal anyway. I think he kind of trusts his actors that he hired, and he trusts himself that he’s chosen the right people, and then it’s about seeing what comes out.


To continue reading this interview, please visit: Interview: Pollyanna McIntosh Talks About Her Role in The Woman | Shockya.com

No comments:

Post a Comment