Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Exclusive Brian White Interview on The Cabin in the Woods

http://www.shockya.com/news/2010/01/14/exclusive-brian-white-interview/

Exclusive Brian White Interview on The Cabin in the Woods


Read our exclusive interview with actor Brian J. White who stars in the upcoming film “The Cabin in the Woods” by director Drew Goddard and written by Joss Whedon.

1. You are currently starring in Ray Romano’s new comedy-drama television series Men of a Certain Age on TNT. The show focuses on three best friends in their late forties, dealing with the realities of middle age. Why will men relate to this show?

BW. I think all people can relate to this show because it is an honest look into the lives of the men we all know and love in our own lives - our fathers, brothers, uncles, friends, bosses, husbands. And the show tilts their hands and allows us inside their heads. What could be more fascinating?

2. The show has received positive reviews from critics, but has seen a weekly decline in ratings since its December 7 premiere. What do you want people to know about the show that will convince them to start watching, or come back to it?

BW. I think the show is still steadily finding and building it’s audience and that those who do tune in end up appreciating the quality of production, performances and all the TLC with which MOACA is made and remain loyal. I can also tell any of my fans who may read this interview, that ‘Marcus’ appears a lot more in the 2nd half of the season than he did in the 1st. And lastly, I honestly think each and every episode gets better and better each week as the season goes on! So please tune in and give us a chance, or come on back now… You won’t regret it!

3. Your next movie, The Cabin in the Woods, is a horror film. After starring in thrillers, comedies, dramas, fantasies and action movies, why did you feel compelled to try a whole new genre again?

BW. You just about hit the nail on the head with the word compelled. I was drawn to the project to try something new, to challenge myself and to work with new and amazing people. Simply, I think Joss Whedon is a genius and he happens to also be an icon in this genre. And my philosophy is to make every effort to work with “the best” and he’s tops in the horror/comedy/sci-fi realm. So… when he extended the offer to join him on this ride he didn’t have to ask me twice!

4. What is it about horror movies that makes people so attracted to them?

BW. Hmmm… Probably that same thing that makes traffic slow down on the highways on the opposite side from accidents!? LOL! But I don’t think you can label Cabin as just “horror.” Joss and Drew have truly created something new.

5. Cabins are a popular setting in horror movies. What is it about cabins that your character, Daniel Truman, finds terrifying?

BW. I would tell you but then I would have to kill you. Seriously. Joss made us sign NDA’s. LOL! All I can really say is that Daniel probably IMO has the most “unique” perspective of the cabin of any of the characters.

6. You have had a long, prosperous career, having starred in numerous television shows and movies, being a founding partner of the production company Media 3 Films, playing in the NFL for the New England Patriots and the NLL lacrosse league , being certified as a stock broker and being a young activist, having co-founded the professional dance company/community organization Phunk Phenomenon Urban Dance Theater and serving as the President of the Celebrity Relations for Warm2Kids Charitable Foundation. What has been your favorite profession and why?

BW. I can honestly say that I am happier and enjoying life more now than ever. There isn’t anything else I would prefer to be doing or anyplace I would prefer to be with regard to profession. I fell blessed, full, peaceful, happy, and grounded - I am ready for whatever the good lord has in store for me next. And people can always keep up with what’s new on my official website:
www.BrianWhiteOnline.com

Questions Created by: Karen Benardello

No comments:

Post a Comment