Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Interview: Parker Young Talks Suburgatory | Shockya.com

Read Shockya.com's exclusive interview with up-and-coming actor Parker Young, who’s currently starring on the new hit ABC comedy series ‘Suburgatory.’ The show, which has been picked up for a full first season, follows a single father, George Altman, portrayed by Jeremy Sisto, who decides to move from New York City to the suburbs. George wants to give his 16-year-old daughter, Tessa, played by Jane Levy, a better life. Young plays Ryan Shay, one of the Altman’s new neighbors, who Tessa develops a crush on. The actor discusses with us, among other things, what attracted him to the role of Ryan, and what it’s like working with Sisto and Levy.

Written by: Karen Benardello


ShockYa (SY): ‘Suburgatory’ follows George as he moves Tessa from New York City to the suburbs to give her a better life. What did you find appealing about the show’s premise that compelled you to audition for the role of Ryan Shay?

Parker Young (PY): You know, I read the script, and I thought it was a creative, new take on comedy. I thought it was something that would really do great on television. My role, in particular, I thought would be a total blast to sink my teeth into. Originally, the character was written as not so dumb, just an arrogant, typical high school jock. It was a fun role, and I played football in high school. I was surrounded by these types of people.

SY: Jane Levy and Jeremy Sisto portray Tessa and George on the series. What is it like working with both of them?

PY: Oh, they’re amazing. They’re such brilliant actors, but at the same time, just truly great people. I found Jeremy especially such a pleasure to work with. He’s so seasoned, I guess would be the right word, and I learn so much from him all the time. I think our trip to Vegas last weekend really kind of solidified our relationship, just in time for some scenes that we have coming up between me and him for this next episode.

SY: Jane has expressed some romantic interest in Ryan. Is there any chance of expanding the romantic relationship between Jane and Ryan?

PY: (laughs) I think Ryan sure would like to hope so. Ryan still definitely has a place in his heart for Tessa, and I think there’s a chance that he might pursue that a little bit.


To continue reading this interview, please visit: Interview: Parker Young Talks Suburgatory | Shockya.com

No comments:

Post a Comment