Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interview: Kristen aldridge Talks OMG! NOW on Yahoo!

Read Shockya's exclusive interview with television host-entertainment journalist Kristen Aldridge, who’s currently hosting the daily pop culture series ‘omg! NOW on Yahoo!’ Aldridge, who’s interviewed such celebrities as Anthony Hopkins and Emily Blunt, recently branched out into the world of fashion by turning her passion of clothing into a line called Positively Celebrity. The entrepreneur discusses with us, among other things, how she became interested in reporting on entertainment and celebrity news, and who some of her favorite fashion icons are.

Written by: Karen Benardello


Shockya (SY): You’re currently serving as the host for ‘omg! NOW on Yahoo!,’ during which you talk about the latest entertainment and celebrity news. How did you become interested in becoming an entertainment journalist?

Kristen Aldridge (KA): I’ve wanted to be an entertainment reporter since I was 12 years old after I caught “Entertainment Tonight” on TV. Apparently I was hooked! When other kids were playing Barbies, I was using my hairbrush as a microphone to practice asking questions to pretend celebrities on a mock red carpet in my living room. I think it’s safe to say I haven’t stopped asking questions since!

SY: For the last 3 months, ‘omg! NOW’ has been the most watched show on the Internet, and even doubled the views of both TMZ.com and eonline.com. Why do you think the public enjoys your broadcast so much, and how did you react when you found out you beat TMZ and E! Online?

KA: I wish I knew the secret formula! It’s really an honor to be part of the Yahoo! family and I’m having such a blast. I’m so grateful to be doing something that I love, and the fact that people are enjoying it is just the icing on the cake. I’m a huge fan of TMZ and E! Online, and they’re both obviously such big, amazing brands, so I was pretty pumped when we got our numbers back. But Yahoo! and the incredibly talented team I work with every day totally rock, so I shouldn’t be surprised!

SY: Among the A-listers who you’ve interviewed are Anthony Hopkins, Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway, Ben Affleck and Emily Blunt. Who has been your favorite to interview, and why?

KA: That’s a tough one… It’s a tie between Anthony Hopkins and Emily Blunt. Interviewing Hopkins is so absolutely intimidating and utterly exhilarating all at the same time. He is such a phenomenal, powerful actor so just being in his presence is an honor. You’re really forced to be on your A-Game with him at all times and I live for that kind of challenge!

I’ve adored Emily Blunt since I first saw her in “The Devil Wears Prada,” so it’s always fun to interview actors that you’re also a huge fan of. She has such a lovely, vivacious personality that brings a smile to my face every time, and her down-to-earth nature is refreshing. It’s been really fun to follow her success along with her after all these years.



To continue reading this interview, please visit Shockya.

No comments:

Post a Comment