Saturday, April 23, 2011

Exclusive Interview: Bow Wow Discusses 'Madea's Big Happy Family'

Read our exclusive interview with Bow Wow, who plays Bryon in the upcoming dramedy ‘Madea’s Big Happy Family,’ which is set to be released on April 22, 2011. The movie, which was written and directed by, and also stars, Tyler Perry, follows Madea’s niece Shirley as she faces a health scare. Shirley, who is portrayed by Loretta Devine, wants to break the news to her three adult children, including Bryon, as a family. Since they are all to distracted by their own problems to listen, Madea intervenes to reunite the family. Bow Wow discusses with us, among other things, what attracted him to the role of Bryon, and what it’s like working with Perry.

Written by: Karen Benardello


ShockYa (SY): You portray Bryon in ‘Madea’s Big Happy Family,’ who, after spending two years in jail, feels pressured to deal drugs again. So what attracted you to the role?

Bow Wow (BW): The one thing that attracted me to the role was the story, not really so much of what I’m doing. But the overall story, because if the story’s not good, that means the movie’s not going to be good. At first, I fell in love with the story. Second, I fell in love with my character. It looked like a nice piece of work for myself. Plus I’ve been dying to work with Tyler Perry for a long time. I guess I finally found my roots.

SY: What was it like to work with Tyler, both as a director and an actor?

BW: It was fun working with Tyler. It definitely steps your game up. Your game is definitely elevated. You’re going to learn more stuff. It’s always great to work with people with so much experience. Not only experience, but also has a great brand of what he’s doing. It was really an honor and a privilege to be able to work with him, to help my film career. It was definitely a lesson.

SY: Before ‘Madea’s Big Happy Family,’ you have appeared in several genres, including action and drama. So how did you prepare for the role of Bryon? Do have different methods to prepare for different genres?

BW: Yeah, I never, never prepare.

SY: Have you seen any of the previous Madea movies?

BW: Yeah, I’ve been a big fan for many years. I’m definitely a fan of all of Tyler’s work.


To read the rest of this interview, please visit:
http://www.shockya.com/news/2011/04/21/interview-bow-wow-talks-madeas-big-happy-family/

No comments:

Post a Comment