Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lindsay Lohan Tells Ellen Her Breakup with Samantha Ronson Came as a Surprise

Lindsay Lohan Tells Ellen Her Breakup with Samantha Ronson Came as a Surprise;
Now that She's Single Though, She Wants to Focus on Her Career

Written by: Karen Benardello


Lindsay Lohan is proclaiming that her breakup with DJ Samantha Ronson "came out of nowhere," but now that she's single, she is focusing on her career again.

"I had no idea what was going on," the actress told Ellen DeGeneres on her show. "I just hadn't seen her in, like, a week. She, like, disappeared."

Lohan's confession to Ellen was the first time the former Disney teen queen spoke publicly about her break-up with Ronson. Undoubtingly, she spoke to the talk show host, who had her own high-profile split with actress Anne Heche in 2000.

Though the actress kept quiet on the exact details of the split, she did adamantly claim that infidelity wasn't the cause. "I don't believe in cheating on someone. I watched my father do that to my mother my entire life."

When Ellen asked Lohan if she felt she had "lost her career" after the breakup, like she had with Heche, Lohan agreed. "...you forget who you are because you're more concerned about being with the other person," Lohan said, adding that she has a movie lined up to begin filming in October.

Lohan also told the talk show host that the news the Ronson family sought a restraining order against her came as a surprise, which also included being banned from a launch party for Charlotte Ronson's (Samantha's sister) new clothing line. "It came out of nowhere. I've supported Charlotte and I've never done anything for people to assume I'm dangerous."

But Lohan also hopes the split won't be permanent, as she said "I really care about Samantha."

No comments:

Post a Comment